Unlike the cold winter months, it is extremely difficult to sit inside working while missing a beautiful summer day. Staring out of your 9th floor window daydreaming of the 200 things you’d rather be doing can’t be an efficient way to get work done.
1. Change your working hours. Consider ending your day a little earlier on Fridays.
2. Throw on your “thinking shoes” and get outside. If you have a laptop, it might be nice to take it outside for a change of scenery. You can also consider hosting a small employee meeting outside as well. Walking may boost creativity.
3. Schedule catch-up time after vacations. Getting back into the groove at work may be jarring after a vacation. Give yourself time to reorient yourself.
4. Season-proof your offerings. Continue networking and using your downtime to strategize your marketing plans.
5. Learn something new. Stretch your mind with a new hobby. You may find yourself with fresh ideas for your business.
6. Allow yourself a few summer indulgences. Having fun is part of the summer. Schedule some play time in your calendar.
Now, these tips may not make your long awaited vacation come any sooner, but they will make the days count and help to keep you (and your business) productive, successful, and efficient.
At KYB, we care about you and your business. We would love to handle all of your bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and taxes needs. Learn more about us here. Become a part of Keeping Your Balance's cloud accounting family by contacting us, liking us on Facebook, and following us on Twitter.